Jumping. Jack. Julie. Joyful. Jelly. Jasmine. Anything J...

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

My Five Minutes of Sanity

It's about 6.44 pm now and I still have one press release to churn out for my workaholic boss. He should go home and spend time with his family.

It's been heck of a day for me. Starting with a note from my boss saying that my story isn't strong enough. Well, can't turn a marketing story to a news if I really don't have much to work with.

Like covering an elephant with a piece of loin cloth. Oooooohh!

"Chow Kong, ah!"

Ah well, let's try to whip some magic up - since it's for The Malay Mail. Argggh.

Clients acting like a princess.

" But they didn't carry the concept well enough!"

Heck woman, nobody cares about your marketing concept. As long as your news title came out correct. And there's so many other stories out there for the Editors to pick.

And, my learning for today. Alvin and I checked out Dragon-I at Cititel, Mid Valley. Looks super nice, but believe me - SERVICE is super bad.

Alvin chuckled when I said grace.

" Thank you Lord - for teaching us patience today..."

Hahaha. Pun intended. We waited for about 20 - 30 minutes for our food, excluding our wait for the table (That' s another 10 minutes).

The food was alright...but because service was so bad, I don't think I'll return again. I pity the waitresses and waiters, but it's no way to run a restaurant.

Ok..back to work for me.

-jade-

4 comments:

deadpo8t said...

hahahhaa...service was indeed baaad...
I would have blown my top off, overturn the tables and walk out but least to say, I was there with this amazing girl and to show Mr Hyde then would have beeen somewhat disastrous...=) we survived alright...
now where can we find goood dumplings in town?

1 said...

Well uh... there's this great place for dinners called Happy Valley seafood village. I've been there twice now. *wink* XD

jade said...

Where's Happy Valley Wan? Let us know then me and Vin will make a beeline for that place...

And as for Vin blowing up, ahem...I THOUGHT I was the impatient one and not my oh so calm friend =)

ngeh ngeh. I suppose roles are reversing now..

Oh! Oh!

-jade-

1 said...

Oh, it's somewhere along Jln. Imbi ;) Perhaps Ferrand and Winifred might give you their approval of that place, eh? I'll gladly do the table deco again this round..heheheh XD