Jumping. Jack. Julie. Joyful. Jelly. Jasmine. Anything J...

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

My Sleeepy Colleague

This is my colleague. Ok. You can go figure her name. ( She's listed somewhere in my blog). I got this shot of her while she was in Dreamland. Hahaha. Couldn't stop laughing! She inspires me in my moments of looking around the office - trying to take a break!

Oh...and I did write a creative tribute to her. Posted it up in Xanga awhile ago. Here goes:

Will You Sleep?

Perhaps it was the cloudy skies that made her eyes droop a little. Perhaps, it was the drone of the air-condition that made her yawn - silently. No doubt, she tilted her head to the side and closed her eyes for that moment.

Maybe, she just wanted darkness to envelop her as it was a tiring week. Maybe, she just wanted that piece of what she needed that whole week - restful sleep. The sort which you wake up, knowing that it was a great eight hour stretch of nothingness.

Your mind not thinking of the various works and meetings to attend, your facial muscles that need not smile or freeze when you reluctantly flash that charming upturned lips, or just the simple, unhurried pace of a sleeping being - with the inhale of that precious air and the exhale - still pacing. That rhythm.

No dreams were needed. Just sleep. Pure sleep. Resting innocence.

She opened her eyes once again, and realised that she was and is, still at the office. The clock still 4.15 pm. Her work - untouched. My mind, my mind. When will it rest from this busy life?

" When your body is finally laid to rest, and your soul - never knowing fatigue. Because you slumber and sleep - undisturbed " she mused.

Inspired by a slumbering colleague. 4.20 pm.

1 comment:

Wins said...

I'm doing fine. It's the season of essay-writing again. So i'm feeling a little stressed, but still manageable. Please pray for me. Thanks