Jumping. Jack. Julie. Joyful. Jelly. Jasmine. Anything J...

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

My Most Unforgettable Date – Birthday Blunder!

It was my birthday and I had calls coming in every 5 minutes. A friend from Aussie Land called and decided that it was going to be at least a 15 minutes call. He had to wait half an hour before I decided to go out.

And when I went out, he had in his hands – a bouquet of lilac flowers, with a hand wrapped book of “The Alchemist” which I had always wanted and a leather bag from British India. The guy had it all, but - the words to go with it. He was stunned and didn’t know what to say!

What made it worse was that he had two friends come along as well to “help” him out. They were seated in the car, and with the extra audience and pressure, he blurted out a weak “Uh…Happy Birthday, Jade. I get a pressie for a girl every year, so here is yours”.

I sure didn’t buy that but I graciously nodded my head. I suppose he imagined the perfect lines would come once he saw the girl, but it sure wasn’t! He didn’t capture my heart then, but after a few more practices – he got me alright.



4 comments:

deadpo8t said...

"what the? that guy so lousy wan ah?" hahahhahaha...well I think he got the gal after all right? =)

deadpo8t said...

oh tock, this was a flashback...her LAST birthday...=)

Anonymous said...

Hehee..this all sounds familiar. Winning a phone off BigGuy or is it really some contest thing?

-G-

jade said...

really some contest thing =) it's for the movie Hitch...

-jade-